Early bird registration ends soon for The Reel Thing! Don’t miss …
- Opening night reception premiere screening of 4K restoration of “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” on Thursday, August 18th.
- Panavision Vs CinemaScope – a “shootout” featuring new test footage (and edited on a Moviola!)
- EYE Film Institute Netherlands Restoration and Screening of “Shoes” (USA 1916)
- Case study: 4K restoration and premiere screening of Marcel Carné’s “The Children of Paradise”
- Managing Large Scale Sound Preservation
- Scanning for Preservation, a Studio test case
- Where Did Our Films Go? - The Destruction and Survival of American Silent Feature Films
- Case study: Reconstruction and restoration of long-lost Ernst Lubitsch silent film “The Loves of Pharoah”
- The Media History Digital Library - Digitizing the history of cinema
- Audio restoration challenges: silent films converted to sound
- The ABC’s of Color Space
- Restoring the 1902 Georges Méliès classic “Le Voyage dans la Lune” (includes screening)
- Sneak Preview of a newly restored film!
More screenings and topics to be added shortly!
Register today at www.the-reel-thing.org